Technology has been advancing by leaps and bounds; everyone knows how to enjoy watching content on big screen by connecting the laptop to big sized TV? People have also been connecting their laptops with Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo Switch, knowledge & technology empowers them.
But they are having an issue of image distortion which ruins their watching experience. This article will help you about how to fit laptop screen to TV without any image distortion and make sure laptop is installed with Windows 10.
Windows 10 is the latest version and having all essential features which makes it easier for you.
How To Connect A Laptop With TV ?
The one and only thing required for connecting a laptop with TV is HDMI cable. It can easily transmit the audio and also capture the video on laptop screen and transit to the TV screen. You definitely have to pay some bucks for buying HDMI cable but it provides easy solution.
It involves the specific procedure which we going to share in the following.
- Every TV has its dedicated HDMI port, you need to put the given side of cable on it.
- The other side of HDMI cable will be inserted into Type-C USB port of laptop. User can also put it on dedicated HDMI port on laptop.
- It may require you to make some display settings and then it will start be transmitting the laptop display on TV screen.
What Issues You Might Encounter After Connecting Laptop to TV ?
Once you have followed the process as mentioned above, it is most likely encounter no issue at all regarding the display. Otherwise, you may face two issues which we discuss below.
- The display is being distorted and no clarity.
- The whole image / frame is not fit on the TV screen as screen resolution is not same.
The good news is that its solution is available and it is also very simple to follow.
How To Fit Laptop Screen To TV Windows 10 ?
This is the only issue faced by the user who connects the laptop with TV to enjoy the big screen. They encounter the issue as laptop and TV screen resolution is not the same. You need to follow the below guidelines.
- First of all, you need to make sure screen resolution of laptop and TV is the same. It is possible that laptop has 1366 x 768 screen resolution and your TV is FHD which offers 1920 x 1080 resolution/pixels. User can read this information from TV’s user guide.
- The next move is setting the same screen resolution of laptop which matches with TV resolution. Go to the “Settings”, then go to Change PC settings. You will see the option “PC and Devices” click it and then click the option “Display”
- Here, user can set the screen resolution which matches TV screen resolution the one laptop will be connected with. This way you will be able to enjoy the full display of laptop’s screen on your TV.
Frequently Asked Question
We are going to answer the most frequently asked question in the following.
How Can We Adjust Screen Position In Windows 10 ?
User needs to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click or Press the Windows button.
- Go to the Settings.
- In the settings section, go to the System.
- From the System section, go to the Display within the System option.
- Go to the option “Screen Orientation” where you can adjust the screen position.
How To Fit Laptop Screen To TV HDMI ?
First of all, user has to buy the HDMI cable having one side which will be connected to the HDMI port on TV and other side will be in the shape of USB Type-C, connected with the laptop. It may also take you to change the screen resolution which best fits into the laptop screen.
It does not involve any technical process to fit the laptop’s screen to TV. User just needs to connect the laptop with TV through HDMI port, then set the screen resolution on laptop which exactly the same of the TV.
We have already mentioned as how to change the screen resolution by go to the Settings option. Mostly users face image distortion issue because they never tried to set the same resolution for both devices laptop and TV.
Image distortion is obvious while sharing the screen between two devices having two different screen positions. It has to be the same position for both laptop and TV to enjoy the perfect image display after successful connection.
Though, it is less likely to get the successful connectivity between latest laptop and old TV. The old TV may only offer lower resolution which user cannot have on latest model of laptop.
We assume that you do not have that old TV when 720p resolution had not been invented.
We hope, our readers got a satisfying answer about the question of how to fit laptop screen to tv and now you will be able to fix all technical issues before giving it a try.